Well I have been in Chile for a little over a week now and it is amazing!!!! Im living in Vina del Mar at studying spanish for a semester at UVM.
My first glimps of Chile!!!!! BEAUTIFUL
We went on a field trip last week to Valparaiso which is a port city with an artistic bohemian feel to it....the pictures will help explain. We began our day there with a boat ride to see the Sea Lions and to get a great view of the entire city of Valparaiso.
Theses are fishing boats
los lobos marineros
After we went on our boat ride and walked around the city and when I say walked around I mean we walked up and down tuns of hills!!!! it was great though.
awesome graffiti on the side of a building in Valpo
you can take these elevator like thing to get up and down the hills here. I take one almost everyday to school, but the one I take is painted this cool.
Here are a couple of pictures from the top of the hills overlooking the bay.
This is our field trip group
And this was probably the coolest house I have ever seen!!!! so awesome!!!
After a long day in Valparaiso we went to Camilas to throw her a surprise birthday party. this is us exhausted and attempting to help. haha
We also had an official welcome by the mayor or Vina del Mar which was cool they had a few speakers...kinda lame....then they had some of the traditional dances that they showed us those were cool and then they feed us some awesome raspberry juice and empanadas and fruit skewers.
Overall it has been a great first week. We have done tons of other things too, but I didn't take my camera so ill try to be better about that this week. I started classes yesterday, but not all have started yet, the other ones start next week which is nice because today I got hit with a cold and my mami sent me back to my room where its warm because we don't have central heating and oh yeah all you enjoying the beach and summer...its stinking cold down here!!! I had to buy a jacket yesterday.







No comments:
Post a Comment